Monday, November 5, 2012

Dried Flower Mani

Hi guys! How was your weekend? Mine was great, thanks for asking! Today I've got a new kind of manicure. Dried flowers! I got a few little bottles off of Nailite.com, but I'm pretty sure they'd be much less expensive on eBay.

I used turquoise ones over China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise. In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have put turquoise over turquoise. Oh well, lesson learned! Anyway, I kind of winged it and just tried to apply them myself without any tutorials or anything. I probably could've done better. I just applied a topcoat to the bottom the the flower, stuck it onto my nail, and just put another layer of topcoat over it. I'm not a hundred percent sure that's how you do it, so if you want to check I know Cutepolish on youtube has a tutorial for it.

Anyway, after I did that I took a medium sized dotting tool, Essie Playdate, and China Glaze Pink Voltage and made alternating colored dots around the flowers. I didn't put a topcoat over them so they popped out and looked pretty cool.


So that's it for today! Have a good Monday!

Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment