Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Nicole By OPI Kardashian Kolor Holiday Collection

Hi guys! I hope you had a great Christmas, and if you don't celebrate Christmas, I hope you took advantage of the great after Christmas sales! Haha. Anyway, today I've got something long, long overdue. The Nicole by OPI Kardashian Kolor Holiday Collection! Yay! I'm super happy to use my new lightbox and macro lens for this post! To make it more profesional.

From left to right: Keeping Up With Santa, Kardashing Through The Snow, Deck The
Dolls, A Gold Winter's Night, Here We Kome-A-Karoing, and All is Glam All is Bright .


First thing is first, I have Keeping Up With Santa. Keeping Up With Santa is a deep red color with a very very subtle shimmer. It's pretty opaque in one coat, but two coats looks best.



The next color I have is a glitter, which I sort of matched up with the red in a way. Kardashing Through The Snow is made up of red, blue, green, gold, and silver hexes in a clear base. I layered two coats over Keeping Up With Santa.


As you can probably tell, it was very hard to photograph, but I got a chance to use my new macro lens!





The next color is Here We Kome-A-Karoling. This is a deep purple with a slightly more visible shimmer to it. Again it should be opaque enough in two coats.



The glitter that I thought matched this color is called All Is Glam, All Is Bright. This glitter is isn't a top coat, but an actual one coat glitter. I layered just one coat over Here We Kome-A-Karoling because I wasn't expecting it to be a one coater. It is made up of fine red and blue glitter, and even finer silver glitter. This is probably my favorite polish of the collection.



And here is a macro shot.




The last solid color of this collection is Deck The Dolls. This is more of a shimmery/metallicish turquoise and is opaque in two coats. The one problem I have with this color is the fact that it is a little streaky unfortunately, but I do expect that with most metallic colors.



Last, but not least, is A Gold Winter's Night. This is a beautiful glitter made with small gold and blue bars, and some super fine purple glitter. I layered one coat over Deck The Dolls.


And here's the macro shot to go with it:


All in all I think this is a wonderful collection. Despite the names I think they could easily be worn all year round, maybe with the exception of Kardashing Through The Snow.

That's all for today!
Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment